Open Hands provides essential furniture items to vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families in Leicester thanks to generous donors such as yourself. The charity seeks to meet people with their most immediate and basic of needs and offers a free collection service to those wishing to help to meet such needs through donating the following furniture items:
Single beds, double beds, 2 seater sofas, dining tables, dining chairs, chest of drawers, single wardrobes, fridges, freezers, electric ovens, washing machines and microwaves.
We are most in need of: single beds and single wardrobes.
Before completing our furniture donation enquiry form please check that:
- All items are in a good condition with all components in full working order
- Every upholstered item (divan bed base, mattress, sofa, covered dining chair) has a fire safety label attached
- Every soft furnishing item offered is from a non-smoking household without pets
- The collection address is located within one of the following local postcode areas: LE1, LE2, LE3, LE4, LE5 and LE18. (Please note we may be able to travel further to LE6, LE7, LE8, LE9 and LE19 if there is a large quantity of suitable items to be collected.)
- A collection is possible on a Monday (9am-12.30pm/12.30pm-4pm), Friday (9am-12.30pm) or Saturday (9am-1pm). Please be aware that once you have submitted this donation form we will contact you within 5 working days with our next available collection dates.