We rely on donations of food, clothing and household items to help to meet real needs
We are able to accept a wide range of essential items to help to meet the needs of our guests. Whilst we appreciate any of the below items you are able to donate there are always items that we are most in need of which we highlight as our ‘most wanted’.
- Food – We give out non-perishable items in our food store so appreciate: tea, coffee, UHT milk, sugar, cereal, rice, pasta, soup, baked beans, vegetable oil, canned meals, tinned meat/fish and tinned vegetables/fruit.
Most wanted food items: Canned main meals (e.g. tinned pies, curry, spaghetti and meatballs), UHT milk and rice.
- Clothing – We welcome clean, good conditioned and ready to wear men’s/women’s/children’s: t-shirts, jumpers, coats, trousers, shorts, skirts, dresses, pyjamas, (new) underwear, socks and shoes.
Most wanted clothing items: Warm coats, men’s and children’s socks and new underwear.
- Toiletries – We give out hygiene packs to those without so love new and unopened: toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, flannels, deodorants, shower gel, shampoo, hairbrushes, combs, razors and women’s hygiene items.
Most wanted toiletry item: Toothpaste.
- Household items – We take clean and working essential items such as: bedding (single and double sheets, duvets, duvet covers, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags), towels, curtains, pots and pans, cutlery and crockery, cooking utensils, kettles, toasters, lamps, ironing boards, hoovers and prams.
Most wanted household item: Sleeping bags, saucepans and casserole dishes.
- Cleaning products – We give out home hampers to those who have just moved house so can make use of new and unused: washing up liquid, j-cloths, tea towels, anti-bacterial spray and washing powder.
Most wanted cleaning product: Anti-bacterial spray.
All donations can be brought to the reception at Trinity Life Church (Upper Tichborne Street, LE2 1GL – if using a satnav use LE2 1AB to access the building from Highfield Street) 9am-4.45pm Monday-Friday or dropped off at your local collection point if you are connected to one of our partners. Please note that the reception will be closed over Christmas from midday on Friday 21st December. We will be able to accept donations again from Thursday 3rd January 2019.
Thank you for giving to help those in need.