A challenge for a cause
Over the years the Tour de Leicestershire fundraising event has raised 10’s of thousands of pounds for Open Hands, we are so blessed by everyone who has enthusiastically taken part.
For our Tour De Leicestershire this year we are encouraging our riders* to take on a personal sponsored bike ride, supporting you to set you own fundraising challenges! Rout suggestions for your own personal ‘Tour De Leicestershire’ are below, but you can also set your own challenge or fundraise for Open Hands at another organised cycle event elsewhere. We can’t wait to cheer you on as we hear about your challenges, we are excited to see the difference that your support makes!
*Not interested in cycling? We also have walking challenge route suggestions below too, and more fundraising ideas can be found here.
The 20 Mile Cycling Challenge
- North – Soar Valley Watermead Water Park
- South – Great Central Way to Blaby
- East – Rutland Water Cycle path
- West – Desford Bird Garden to Thornton reservoir
These maps centre on the city of Leicester. Your home location may be different so please adapt the map to fit where you live.
The 50 Mile Cafe Cycling Challenge
- North – Bryer’s Deli, East Leake.
- South – Wistow Café
- East – Café Ventoux
- West – Bosworth Battlefield Line Café
The 80 Mile Cycling Challenge
From your location, cycle to the following four famous landmarks:
- North – The BBC Transmission tower near to Waltham the Wold
- South – The Nasby Civil War Battle Memorial
- East – Rutland Water dam.
- West – Moira Furnace
(or click here for more Leicestershire cycling maps)
The Walking Challenge
- North – The Outwoods to Buck Hill
- South – Fosse Way to High Cross
- East – Quenby Hall to Hungarton
- West – The Battlefield Line Canal
(or click here for more Leicestershire walks)
Find previous years’ route maps below for your interest:
Thank you for your support.