We have lots of different areas that you can get involved in, so whether you have a couple of hours a week, a day or a year to give, you would be very welcome to consider joining our team.
You may like to help to sort and date check food donations, serve our evening meal, become a mentor or give some administrative support, or perhaps you have a specialist skill you would like to offer to invest in the charity? Whatever it is that takes your fancy we would love to hear from you. Simply complete a copy of our online Volunteer Interest Form and let us know which area(s) you would like to invest your time.
You would also be welcome to come and join us for a taster session to get a feel for what we do and find out more about us. To book in to visit one of our drop-in sessions or meals email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which Tuesday/Thursday morning or Tuesday evening you’d like to join us.
Current Volunteer Vacancies:
- Furniture van driver
- Furniture van assistant
- Food collections (supermarkets/community drop-off points etc.)
- Food donation sorting (categorising/date checking/hamper packing/shelf stacking)
- Food bank – shop assistant
- Food hamper delivery (in your own vehicle)
- Pie Night – emergency hot meal (Tues 6.30pm-8.30pm)
- Cleaning team (minimum 1 hour / week)
- Maintenance team
- Donation sorting – clothing/household/toiletries items
- Drop-in team member – cafe/project working/reception (Tues/Thurs 9.30am-12.30pm)
- Database inputting/computer work
- 6 Degrees Coffee House – helping at our coffee shop on London Road
- Hand in Hand Preschool (Highfields / Braunstone)